Proposed by Paul E. Vallely, Maj. Gen., U.S. Army (Ret)
Chairman, Stand Up America, Legacy National Security Group & Syrian Liaison Group
As presented to the Russian Ambassador in Paris by General Vallely in October, 2015.
- Assad and senior government officials must step down from office and be replaced by an interim government; new interim Parliament and President must represent all Syrians and religious groups. New leadership and council will plan for a new revised constitution and future elections (can be based on the El-Sisi/Egyptian model).
- All Syrians and Christians will be returned to the homeland through Mediterranean (Latakia/Tartous) and Turkish passage zones.
- Western Syria Territory will be secured and declared the Syrian Resettlement Zone for all Syrian refugees now located in Europe, Jordon and Turkey. The safe zone will be secured by establishment Syrian Forces to include some selected opposition forces and Coalition Security Forces.
- The following countries will form a coalition group to destroy ISIS in Eastern Syria and Northern Iraq:
– Russia, Jordon, Turkey, Lebanon, Iraq, Iran, United States, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait and Egypt
- After ISIS is destroyed and removed from occupied areas, Syrians will be relocated back to their villages and towns. The Syrian Redevelopment and Reconstruction Plan will be initiated to ensure Syria’s return to a prosperous and developed nation. The following countries will commit to be a member of the Syrian Redevelopment Plan:
– Russia, Germany, England, France, Italy, Austria, Hungary, Turkey, Jordon, Egypt, U.S., Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait and Iran
- Timeline objectives for execution of this plan will be planned and executed within 90 days. First planning conference to be established and set for early 2016 in Vienna, Paris or Moscow.
- Plan implementation to begin no later than March 1, 2016. No time to delay. Expeditious execution of plan is vital to refugees and affected European and Middle East countries.
- Refugees will be vetted to ensure all ISIS members and sympathizers are removed from the groups and be isolated and secured in designated areas until rehabilitation.